One night last week, I felt restless. I couldn’t fall asleep, as I was thinking about everything I needed to do to prepare for and care for my new “peeps.” I was thinking about building a bigger chicken coop that could house more chicks, trying to figure out the logistics of having adult chickens and little chicks, imagining places for the little chicks to roost. Finally I sat up and said, “I don’t want to deal with all of this. All I want is a steady flow of fresh eggs. I don’t want to worry about facilities, onboarding chicks or dealing with aggressive roosters.”
And then I thought, I bet this is how many business owners feel. I’m sure many of you have had sleepless nights thinking the exact same thing! I don’t want to deal with facilities, HR issues or mask policies. I just want to make castings! Or I just want to design buildings! Or I just want to (fill in your blank)!
If you feel that way, I can understand your frustration (and not just because I’m an aspiring chicken mama). I work with business owners who once faced those frustrations but are now on a path to a better business and a better life.
Some of those expressed frustrations:
- One of my clients simply expressed that his level of frustration seemed to be growing exponentially while the business was growing modestly
- Another client was tired of the fighting and lack of cohesiveness within the leadership team and said he could see it seeping down into the rest of the organization.
- The founder of one company had a passionate conversation with me about how she wanted the culture of her organization to attract the best and brightest in the industry but was seeing decisions made moving the company farther from her vision.
Each of these clients has implemented EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) in their organization and are realizing the benefits, including:
- Clarity on where the organization is going and how it going to get there
- Addressing “wrong people, wrong seat” people issues that have been holding the organization back (check out my Right Seat, Wrong Chicken article here)
- Engaging in tough conversations at the leadership team level, which allows the team to work together on achieving the vision
- Increased profitability
- Having more fun
If you feel frustrated that your company isn’t moving towards your vision, or you feel you are working harder and harder and not realizing the benefits of that hard work, or your leadership team isn’t working well together, I can help you.
By implementing EOS in your organization, you can put your company on a path towards achieving your vision, align all your employees behind that vision and transform your leadership team into a functional, cohesive group of people who genuinely enjoy working together. Sound too good to be true? It isn’t, and many organizations are reaping the benefits of EOS.
Email me and we can transform your company as well. Cheers to more restful nights of sleep in the future!